Posts Tagged ‘ultrasn0w’
Ultrasn0w ปลดล็อค iPhone ที่ใช้ iOS 5 จะออกแล้ว
Ultrasn0w จะปลดล็อคได้เฉพาะ iPhone ที่มี basebands: 01.59.00, 04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.12.01, 05.13.04, และ 06.15.00 เท่านั้น
ส่วน basebands อื่นๆ คือ
02.10.04 / 03.10.01 / 04.10.01 / 05.14.02 / 05.15.04 / 05.16.02
ที่ยังไม่สามารถปลดได้ ก็ ยังไม่สามารถ ใช้ Ultrasn0w ตัวใหม่ที่จะออกนี้ได้นะครับ
เราสามารถใช้ redsn0w v0.8 ในการjailbreak 3.0.1 ได้ครับ
ก็ อัพ3.0.1 ผ่าน iTuneได้เลย แล้วRun redsn0w v0.8 (แต่เวลาโปรแกรมมันถามหา IPSW ให้ไปเลือก3.0) หลังจากjail เสร็จก็ใช้ ultrasn0w 0.9 ได้สำหรับคนที่ต้องการทำ Unlock
If you have problems after jailbreak and software unlock, try the updated ultrasn0w 0.91-1 that has been released few hours ago. The iPhone Dev Team said it would help to fix most problems including “unusual battery depletion”. They also advise users to choose “Setup as a new iPhone” after complete restore. Note this will lose all the existing SMS and call logs. To grab the latest software unlock tool, use redsn0w to jailbreak the iPhone at first. Then, go into Cydia and add “http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com”. You will be able to search ultrasn0w 0.91-1 after all.
It looks like version 0.9 of ultrasn0w fixed up the vast majority of any problems people were seeing with the 3G/3GS carrier unlock. But here’s a brief list of fixes for anyone still seeing problems:
- Unusual battery depletion is almost always caused by people choosing to “Restore from backup” instead of “Setup as new iPhone” when iTunes asks you. This isn’t caused by either the jailbreak or the unlock, but it’s a common 3.0 snafu. The fix is to just re-run the official 3.0 restore and choose “Setup as new” this time. Your music and apps and all that will still be synced, but you’ll get rid of any conflicting wifi, bluetooth, or carrier settings. Then just re-run redsn0w and install ultrasn0w.
- Remember, ultrasn0w works with hacktivated phones too, but don’t outsmart redsn0w into thinking you don’t need hacktivation! If you don’t plan on using an official sim, don’t activate via iTunes with such a sim. Just keep your unofficial sim at all times and let redsn0w and ultrasn0w handle hacktivation
- T-Mobile in the USA doesn’t use the 3G frequencies that the iPhones support, so turn off 3G in Settings->General->Network. (Some T-Mobile territories gracefully hand down to Edge mode, but most do not).
- Certain unofficial plans have limitations on whether you can make calls and use data at the same time. That’s not unlock-related.
- Some people have installed previous versions of ultrasn0w using non-standard techniques. While the ultrasn0w 0.9 update should have removed all previous versions of ultrasn0w, these users may have outsmarted our removal. So make sure you don’t still see /usr/bin/ultrasn0w present if you’re at ultrasn0w 0.9 (which doesn’t have such a binary anymore).
- If you don’t need or plan to update to ultrasn0w 0.9 from a previous version, you can avoid having that red badge over Cydia by removing repo666 as a Cydia source. Don’t worry, you can always add it back later If you follow us on twitter you’ll be advised of any new updates anyway.
Last but not least, many thanks to our resident blog moderators, angiepangie and Confucious. They’re doing a fantastic job helping people in the comments, and so are other volunteers. Thank you all for your contributions!
ultrasn0w version 0.9 is out! We believe it solves pretty much all of the various random issues that have been reported. Its features include:
- Works on both 3G and 3GS
- Works on hacktivated devices
- Works regardless of how you jailbroke your device
- Doesn’t patch any mach-o binary whatsoever. (Doesn’t require a separate patch as each new firmware comes out).
- Doesn’t install any additional daemon
- Has no race conditions, no popups about “Missing SIM”, no network issues
- Is almost 7000 times smaller than its nearest competition
- Is available now via Cydia. Source repo is http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com (that last “0” in ultrasn0w is a zero!)
Last night we released updated versions of our redsn0w jailbreak and ultrasn0w carrier unlock. These versions are now compatible with the iPhone 3GS running at 3.0. Welcome aboard, 3GS owners! (The tools of course remain compatible with all of the other platforms too.) Also last night, saurik released 3GS-compatible versions of MobileSubstrate and WinterBoard, components that enable many different add-ons and themes.
We realize we upset some folks (e.g. existing 3GS owners) with our earlier announcement that we wanted to hold onto the 3GS iBoot-family hole until 3.1 was out. Our aim there was to get as many people as possible onboard (within reason of course) before revealing the hole, since Apple will fix it immediately. But all of that became moot when the purplera1n release was made, since it uses the same hole.
For those of you who already own 3GS phones, the outlook is bright. As long as you have your personalized (signed) dfu/img3 files, you’ll always be able to jailbreak (even if you slip up and install stock Apple firmware in the future). For those of you without 3GS phones, it’s a race against the clock to use this particular hole. There’s nothing we can do about that, but we will always be looking for new holes.
ultrasn0w unlockers — You all must remain particularly vigilant against upgrading your basebands, since doing so will kill the unlock (for most phones, there’s no going backwards in baseband version). Apple has gotten very serious with the latest baseband — they’ve removed 180 (!) commands in an effort to cut down their exposure to holes. So please always stay away from stock Apple IPSWs and instead use our tools as we release them. These tools let you update your firmware without updating your baseband.
Those installing ultrasn0w will probably also need to do a single run of Settings->General->Reset->Reset Network Settings. We’re testing various fixes for that particular glitch.
Once again, thanks to @Oranav for finding the new injection vector that allowed us to transform yellowsn0w for baseband 02.28 into ultrasn0w for baseband 04.26, and for not revealing it to Apple before it could be used where it would be most effective — firmware 3.0.
redsn0w platforms — This is the first redsn0w release that also supports linux! It’s the newest version of the bunch, so any feedback would be appreciated. But right now, redsn0w should work on OS X, Windows, and linux.
How to get the goods:
- The redsn0w torrent seeds are all here. Any direct mirroring help would also be appreciated.
- The updates to ultrasn0w, MobileSubstrate, and WinterBoard are all handled directly through Cydia (after you’ve jailbroken!)
- The Cydia repo for ultrasn0w is http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com (that last o in ultrasn0w is the number 0!)
Yes, this is what you’ve all been waiting for. A jailbreak for the iPhone 3GS. And it’s awesome. To get started right now, go to purplera1n.com. Download it. Make sure you have windows(but not 7), the latest iTunes installed, and an iPhone 3GS with 3.0 firmware. Connect your iPhone normally. Click “make it ra1n”. Wait. On bootup, run Freeze, the purplera1n installer app. Hopefully you’ll figure out what to do from there. Best tutorial gets linked to from purplera1n site. This tool is beta. Make sure to have everything backed up before running. Also if Cydia doesn’t show up after running Freeze, reboot.
If you need help email purplera1n.support at gmail and attach your purplera1n.log file. Or call the purplera1n support hotline @ (650) 265-1210 Mac version is coming shortly.
Normally I don’t make tools for the general public, and rather wait for the dev team to do it. But guys, whats up with waiting until 3.1? That isn’t how the game is played. We release, Apple fixes, we find new holes. It isn’t worth waiting because you might have the “last” hole in the iPhone. What last hole…this isn’t golf. I’ll find a new one next week. Also your purplera1nyday files ensure that you can always get back to a jailbroken state, so if you have it it’s just a matter of tools.
Props to chronic dev for their help, and to kroo for writing v2 of Freeze. And props to Saurik for making an awesome package set. Note the binary size of purplera1n, it’s smaller than C++ hello world. No 20MB thing that needs to be torrented. And no IPSW to download. This is how jailbreak should be!
Ultrasn0w for iPhone 3G is ready!
- Ensure you have upgraded to iPhone OS 3.0
- Jailbreak your iPhone 3G using redsn0w or PwnageTool (this will also install Cydia/Icy)
- Run Cydia or Icy
- Please add the repo repo666.ultrasn0w.com or iphoneinthailand.com/cydia to Cydia or icy
- Search for ‘ultrasn0w’ in cydia or icy and install ultrasn0w
- Reboot your iPhone 3G
- T-Mobile USA users should disable 3G before using ultrasn0w
Dev Team เพิ่งอัพเดทบล็อก Ultra’s Now โดยใจความคือ UltraSn0w นั้นเอง
โดยขั้นตอนก็ง่าย ๆ เหมือนเดิม
- จัดการเพิ่ม source : repo666.ultrasn0w.com เข้าไปใน Cydia หรือ Icy
- จากนั้นทำการค้นหาและจัดการ Installซะ
- รีสตาร์ทเครื่อง iPhone 3G ซะหนึ่งรอบ
- เปิดมาเครื่องก็จะกลายเป็น iPhone 3G 3.0 ที่สามารถใช้งานกับเครือข่ายอื่นได้ทันที
PIN-locked sims require you to enter a code before using it. Some people (often, with corporate phones) are forced to use them